What are blackheads?
Blackheads, also known as comedones can be very annoying.
They are caused by an excessive build up of oil that is trapped in the pores. When a hair follicle is partially blocked by sebum and dead skin cells blackheads and blemishes form.
Sebum, the body’s natural oil, is secreted in excess due to overactive sebaceous glands. The blackheads are most common on the areas of nose, chin and forehead because these tend to be the oiliest parts of the face.
Any form of acne, especially blackheads, can be unsightly and the source of self-consciousness and embarrassment.
Blackheads and their causes
Anyone can get blackheads, and most of us have had them at some point in our lifetime. There are categories of people more vulnerable to getting blackheads
- Those with oily or combination skin types are most prone
- When Inappropriate cleansing techniques are used
- Hormonal changes and some food groups can contribute to the condition but not cause them
Blackheads removal treatments
We can even go as far as reversing the skin’s ageing process!!!
In salon treatments for blackheads usually involve several steps
- Steaming – which opens up and relaxes the skin preparing it for the next step
- Blackheads Exfoliation and extractions – easing off dead skin cells (either with micro dermabrasion, enzymatic peel or an active scrub), followed by professional extractions techniques. This gets rid of dead skin cells and the comodones and allows the skin’s natural oils to leave the pores without being blocked. It also enables easier penetration of any active ingredients in infusions which should almost always follow this step (however, presence of infusion step depends on skin’s condition)
- Closing Pores – this is usually achieved with a good quality clay mask which also absorb any excess oil
Laser Sin and Wellness clinic offer the most effective treatment for blackheads
- Manual Microdermabrasion. Our unique manual Microderm service is not just about treating the blackheads and milia. It’s also getting to the cause of the issue which is essential to stopping blackheads from coming back. It implies clearing the skin pores of skin cells and natural oils, and then shrinking them to stop blackheads forming again.
- AHA or BHA (or a combination of various acids) chemical peel. This involves application of an appropriate blend of acids to remove the damaged outer layers of the skin, smooth out its texture and feed the underlying cells. As well as treating blackheads, it may help those who have other types of blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles, and uneven pigmentation.
- Customised Facial (with extractions). This high end medical facial involves careful selection of products, acids and actives to match the skin’s base condition as well as your primary skin concerns. Along with the antibacterial steamer and extractions session, you will have an infusion of appropriately picked infusion formulation followed by a calming mask to sooth the skin and lock the actives in.
Several treatments may be required over a few months for the best possible outcome. These types of little black imperfections are generally extremely persistent but certainly not incurable!
CALL 9530 9800 today and take control of your blackheads