There is often no immediate change. You may experience some slight reddening or local swelling at the treatment site,
but this typically goes within hours.
On rare occasions, some blistering or bruising may occur, but typically resolve quickly. Also the skin can become lighter or darker but will return to normal within a few weeks.
Although it is not necessary, at the end of your session Laser, Skin and Wellness Melbourne clinic IPL therapist will always apply 100% organic post-treatment product. We prepare this unique pure lotion on a weekly basis and it is always fresh. This formula will take care of your skin by soothing it and helping it heal quicker.
A natural organic sun block will also be applied to those treated areas which can potentially be exposed to sun (such as face).
Please follow after care instructions which you will receive on the day of your first treatment. The general rules are:
- minimise expose the area to any form of heat for at least 24 hours.
- do not exercise/ play sport for at least 24 hours. Sweat may cause irritation on the treated area.
- apply recommended post-treatment cream for 1-3 days following your treatment.
- use natural (you can get it at Laser, Skin and Wellness clinics) sun block everyday during the course of your treatment.
- avoid sun exposure completely, if possible.
- exfoliate the treated area every day or two, starting from about day 7 after your treatment. 10-14 days after your visit, the roots of your hair will become visible and exfoliating will help shed the hair.